Register to Skills Bank
The South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority’s Strategic Economic Plan (SEP) provides the blueprint for driving the region’s recovery from COVID and transforming South Yorkshire’s economy and society for people, businesses and places by 2041.
Skills Bank is always looking to establish delivery partnerships with organisations who can be responsive to the needs of businesses based and operating in South Yorkshire. We work with a network of high-quality Skills Providers to match training to employer needs and provide employer choice. We are particularly keen to hear from organisations, including FE and HE institutions, sector specialists, manufacturing and trade organisations and intermediaries with a niche offer to grow SYMCA businesses through skills / workforce development activities.
In this respect, Skills Bank is inviting Expressions of Interest from credible, experienced organisations that can:
- Offer a responsive, high-quality service to businesses in the SYMCA region.
- Organise, deliver and manage relevant and high-impact learning and skills solutions including full qualifications, units and bespoke training packages.
- Demonstrate effective links with existing skills / business support provision across the SYMCA region to maximize economic outcomes for employers and employees.
- Demonstrate credible, sector-led approaches and successes across key sectors in SYMCA such as:
- Healthcare Technologies
- Low Carbon Industries
- Creative and Digital Industries
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Business and Professional Services
- Modern Methods of Construction
Skills Bank operates a dynamic supply chain. Skills Providers can apply to join the network on a rolling basis Register your interest here.
Approved Skills Providers will have the opportunity to upload their proposed skills offer(s) to an Employer portal, which will form part of a ‘Training Directory’. SYMCA Skills Advisors and employers will be able to search the Directory to make an informed choice on what training to purchase that can best accelerate their ambitions for employee and business growth. The ‘Training Directory’ will aim to list all skills-based provision eligible through Skills Bank; including the cost of provision by each listed Skills Provider. Skills Bank is a market driven, co-investment model that supports training that can be tangibly linked to organisational growth. It cannot support mandatory or compliance training or displace training that is available through other funding. Businesses have a choice in the partners they work with, they are not forced to use a pre-determined model, nor a set format for training.
Alternatively if you have a query please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org