Skills Bank Eligibility
- Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs), which are businesses with less than 250 staff (1-249) and either an annual turnover of less than €50 million (approximately £40 million), or an annual balance sheet of less than €43 million (approximately £34 million).
- Large Companies (with staff above 250 and an annual turnover of greater than €50 million (approximately £40 million), or an annual balance sheet of greater than €43 million (approximately £34 million) can be supported through Skills Bank up to a maximum 60% cost of training.
- The employer must have an operational base within one of the 4 Local Authority Areas of the South Yorkshire – Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham or Sheffield. An operational base is defined as a physical site in South Yorkshire (i.e. office, depot etc.) that is owned or leased by the employer, which their employees are contracted to work from.
- New businesses can be supported through Skills Bank providing they have been trading for at least 12 months. All businesses will need to demonstrate clear business objectives and initial success of their existing business model as well as capacity to grow. We may ask for further information from businesses that are less than 18 months old. Skills Bank must not be used to support the start-up of a business.
- The employer should have a business case for growth and be able to identify how they directly contribute to the South Yorkshire economy.
Skills Bank can support all businesses across South Yorkshire LEP area no matter which business sector or South Yorkshire postcode.
- Learners must be 19+
- Must be currently employed by an organisation that is based in South Yorkshire
- Legally resident in the UK