ELIGIBILITY FOR SKILLS BANK
- Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs), which are businesses with less than 250 staff (1-249) and either an annual turnover of less than €50 million (approximately £40 million), or an annual balance sheet of less than €43 million (approximately £34 million).
- Large Companies can be supported through Skills Bank up to a maximum 50% cost of training.
- The employer must have an operational base within one of the 4 Local Authority Areas of the South Yorkshire – Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham or Sheffield
- An operational base is defined as a physical site in South Yorkshire (i.e. office, depot etc.) that is owned or leased by the employer, which their employees are contracted to work from.
- New businesses can be supported through Skills Bank, but will need to demonstrate clear business objectives and initial success of their existing business model as well as capacity to grow. We may as for further information from businesses that are less than 12 months old. Skills Bank must not be used to support the start-up of a business.
- Skills Bank can support all businesses across South Yorkshire LEP area no matter which business sector or South Yorkshire postcode.
- Learners must be 19+
- Employed by an organisation that is based in South Yorkshire
- Legally resident in the UK