The Art of the Possible: Never Mind the Buzzwords
This workshop is structured as a two-hour presentation and discussion, based around a presentation aimed at the leadership team and wider business, delivered by an experienced Data Science Consultant with significant industry expertise and is also supported by an AI consultant and an additional third facilitator (on-line only).
The primary objective of the session it to leave you with an inspired and educated team with a better understanding of what key analytic terms mean and how they can be used to add value to their organisation.
Data Driven Hype
• Why does confusion arise?
• The Gartner Hype curve
• Who fuels this hype?
What does it mean to be data-driven?
• What is a data journey?
• Where is the “destination” of your data journey?
• Benefits of becoming data driven
• Big data – then and now
• The dimensions of data (3/4 V’s)
• Big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop)
• Levels of analytics; descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive analytics
• Our definition of “Data Science” and “Advanced Analytics”, AI, ML and cognitive analytics
• Machine Learning vs. Statistical Modelling
• How we think of AI and what it means in practice
• Common applications of AI
Relevant use cases
• Outlining where and how your business may wish to use Data Science
A pdf of the presentation is supplied.
Our mission is to promote the adoption of advanced data science techniques such as AI to organisations in the Sheffield City Region and help them find additional value, efficiencies and insights in their data. We can do this on a consultancy basis but are also able to provide training to organisations across the leadership, commercial and technical fields. As well as the 'Art of the Possible' series featured in detail here, we can also provide Beginner / Intermediate and Expert Training Courses in the technical aspects of data science programming in both R and Python languages.View Website