Leadership & Management CPD Programme (level5)
About the programme:
In direct response to the challenges the Covid-19 crisis has raised and its, as yet unknown, consequences this programme has been specifically designed to help businesses and managers meet those challenges and prepare for the unfolding situations they face now and that will arise in the coming months. Unlike many other online workshop learning this focuses specifically on the need of the individual organisation.
The Global Covid-19 Pandemic is unprecedented and presents a difficult and unique challenge in terms of leading individuals and teams through the situation. The only certainties at the moment are that it will end (no-one knows quite when of course) and that getting through the difficulties with your team as intact as possible will be important. This short remotely delivered programme looks at the fundamental principles of Leadership and Management as these are the bedrock for coping with difficult and challenging situations.
The programme is delivered over six 2-hour sessions (two per day for three days) using our video meeting technology and provides as close an experience to a training room session as is possible. You cannot completely replace the experience of face-to-face interaction, but you can have conversations between all the participants, the tutor can share video, PowerPoint slides and other material and we can even break the group out into different syndicate sessions for discussions and subsequent sharing of best practice. The sessions are delivered a few days apart to allow for reflection and subsequent sharing of best practice.
Leaders and more senior Managers having to deal with the current situation, either in the work-place or with remote or furloughed teams. For some people, the concepts and models referred to on the programme will be new and for others this will be a re-visiting of the fundamentals. Doing the basics well is the key to making a difference in these challenging times.
The Programme content:
Module One (2-hours Day 1 AM) – Leadership Style and Impact
What are the fundamental differences between leadership and management (Drucker, Adair, Blanchard & Johnson, Turnbull, Ulrich et al) and why does it matter at the moment?
- The management/leadership continuum (Tannenbaum & Schmidt)
- The impact of personal energy, commitment and self-belief on leadership style and results
- The contrasts between transactional and transformational leadership
- Trait theory, situational leadership, functional leadership and style theory (Macgregor et al)
- How to interpret the situation and apply an appropriate leadership style in difficult circumstances
Module Two (2-hours Day 1 PM) – Team working & Team Dynamics
- Identifying the links between organisational, team and individual objectives
- Team Autonomy and how to achieve the correct balance (Gulowsen)
- The characteristics of high performing teams and how this can be useful at the current time
- The influence of the group on individuals (The Hawthorne Experiments et al)
- Belbin team roles and other models and how to use them effectively to get the best out of people
Module Three (2-hours Day 2 AM) – Motivating People
- Understanding drives, motives and motivation at the current time
- Motivation content and process theory.
- Baseline motivation theories and concepts (Maslow, McGregor & Hertzburg)
- Is it more complicated? Expectancy and Equity theory (Adams, Vroom)
Module Four (2-hours Day 2 PM) – Communication
- Knowledge Management techniques and practice (Dixon, Davenport & Prusak)
- Communication as a vital management and leadership tool at the moment
- Current additional barriers to effective organisational communication and how to overcome them
- Coding, decoding and perception
- Transactional Analysis (Berne)
Module Five (2-hours Day 3 AM) – Time Management & Personal Effectiveness
- Re-active versus pro-active management and leadership and how to be effective
- Personal development and skill audit
- Identifying opportunities for self-development
- Creating a self-development strategy and plan
Module Six (2-hours Day 3 PM) – Managing Performance & Coaching Skills
- Developing team and individual capability
- Individual and team development in challenging circumstances
- How to coach remotely?
- The GROW model of coaching
The Centre For Management and Business's Offer
CMBD offer a range of Management, Leadership and Business skills training by video conference, offering the same level of interaction and learning experience that you would get in a training room environment.Our trainers are all experienced and practicing business professionals selected for their experience, depth of knowledge and track record of delivering high quality traing experiences.Online training is conducted in small groups allowing everyone to get involved and converse with each other normally. Delegates can all see each other, view training materials and videos, conduct break-out group discussions and use interactive whiteboards. Training from our programmes is usually in 2 hour sessions with regular breaks from the screen and is delivered from our offices which have state of the art video conferencing facilities.In addition to the range of subjects listed on the Skills Bank website we offer a bespoke learning option tailoring subjects to your specific needs or systems.Subjects include; Leadership & Management, Business Planning and Strategy, Finance, Sales and Marketing, Business Improvement & Operational ExcellenceView Website