ILM Level 7 Certificate in Leadership & Management
INDUCTION & DEVELOPING THE REFLECTIVE LEADER
- ILM induction, CPD, reflection & tools to enhance learning.
- The Strategic Leader – sources of information & support
- Identifying Professional Networks & External sources of information
- Creating a personal development plan & journal
RESEARCH AND STUDY SKILLS
- Qualitative & Quantitative data versus information
- Referencing skills, Evidence based research – its purpose.
- Conducting and planning an enquiry, Stakeholder analysis
- Defining the research topic, scope, objectives & success criteria.
- Stakeholder considerations and analysis.
One to one coaching session/tutorial
- Further refining of the research project scope / success criteria
DEVELOPING THE STRATEGIC LEADER
- The strategic leadership context & leadership/management models
- Strategic versus operational – the difference.
- Organisational culture and the wider strategic influences & structures
- Motivation in the context of 21st century working
- Assertiveness, confidence & impact. The importance of personal brand and influence & establishing networks/relationships
- Understanding vision, and shared values.
STRATEGIC DECISION MAKING & RESOURCE REQUIREMENTS
- Strategic thinking, models and tools to help
- Analysing the external environment and context of the organisation
- Customer Groups and Routes to market
- Decision making frameworks,Scoring matrices/ evaluation techniques
- Negotiations and identifying resources required
- KPIs Point of no return, Risk & use of risk registers
· Understanding Key financial statements & sources of funding
· Making a business case. Financial & resources- cost benefit etc.
IMPROVING SERVICE/ PRODUCT DELIVERY PERFORMANCE
- Company performance and reputation, quality marks, standards, charters etc & seeing it through the customer’s eyes
- Net promoter score & resource optimisation.
- Quality versus quantity and the effect of profit, Lean, JIT, Agile etc
- Understanding the supply chain and issues of “fit”
- Collaboration models, structures and partnerships for the 21st century
- Managing relationships, influence and managing third party contracts
STRATEGIC HUMAN RESOURCES & MANAGING STRATEGIC CHANGE
- The learning organisation. Identifying capability & human resources.
- Succession planning – identifying future resource needs
- Strategic HR practice & governance.
- Modern day development tools & appraisal processes
- Models and theories of strategic change. Transformational versus incremental Collaborations/partnerships
- Making a compelling case for change ^ adjusting your message.
- Stakeholder engagement and creating impact and urgency
- Modes and methods of communications
- Human capital & the effects of changing expectations from the workforce.
- Strategy, Policy, Procedures, systems, processes &compliance
- Communicating expectations through the organisation
- Creating a project plan and how to effectively monitor & review at a strategic level (RAG rating etc).
SHOWCASE & PRESENTATION
- Delegates to present their Project Enquiry and Findings to the group (and other stakeholders from the sponsoring organisation
One to one executive coaching session
- Course Review, Professional Discussion (assessed) + CPD Focus including creation of a personal action plan.
1 x enquiry based research project of a suitable size and scope to demonstrate knowledge and application of strategic management & leadership concepts. This should be suitably complex with a robust methodology and time frame and to make recommendations at a strategic level within the organisation and should be backed up by extensive research and evidence in order to add value to the organisation
A portfolio of evidence & reflective review of a) own senior management performance, to include a comprehensive analysis and plan for Continuing Professional Development and b) the extent to which the research project has through action, added value to the organisation.
Please Note : All assessed work will be based on own work situation and organisation and therefore delegates will require access to information from a business at a strategic level (either their own work place or another) in order to be equipped to undertake the programme.