ILM Level 3 Award in Coaching
By the end of the course participants will…
* Have a critical understanding of the role and responsibilities of the work place coach, including an understanding of ethics/values.
* Have a deeper understanding of how coaching can impact an organisation and drive up skills, knowledge, motivation & wellbeing
* Be able to assess their own skills, behaviours and knowledge as a coach and how this fits with a coaching culture.
* Recognise their own leadership style and the merits of adopting a coaching style of leadership within teams and the wider organisation.
* Plan for your career progression and further development as a coach.
* Plan, deliver and review coaching in a professional manner and in keeping with best practice.
Day one – ILM Induction – Understanding coaching and the ideal coach
Day two – Preparing to coach
Day three – Managing relationships
Day four – Coaching in practice – practical session/workshop
Day five – Reviewing own performance as a coach
Assessment: 3 x written assignments
Understanding good practice in workplace coaching
Understanding coaching in the workplace
Reflecting on workplace coaching skills
Please note that in order to be eligible for the qualification; delegates are required to evidence at least 6 hours of coaching practice. There is the potential for up to two hours of this to be claimable from sessions within the course (from agreed coach/coachee pairings on the course). It is expected that participants will obtain the remainder of the required coaching hours from coaching undertaken within, or related to the workplace.
Who is the course for
* Those who are required to coach others within their organisation either as a Line Manager or where coaching forms part of their job role.
* Managers, Supervisors or Team Leaders whose organisation has adopted or wishes to adopt a coaching style of leadership.
* Aspiring coaches who wish to attain the knowledge and skills to become a competent and qualified coach within organisations.
East Midlands Chamber's Offer
Keeping staff development up to date is essential, harnessing skills which are required for businesses growth and progression. We run a full range of open courses, everything from Director level right through to Information Technology sessions. A full list is available on this website and can also be found at our website. We are also a leading provider of Bespoke Training. Working with our team of dedicated trainers, we are able to design and develop face to face or on-line training sessions to support your teams. This could be 1-1 through to sessions for up to 15 people. A dedicated staff member will liaise with you throughout, ensuring all your requirements are met and also completing a quality check with you following the course delivery. The Chamber is a leading partner for many businesses for their bespoke requirements, supporting over 100 businesses each year to train and develop their staff. Flexibility is the key to this and with over 30 years experience of developing bespoke training options, you will know you are in safe hands.View Website