Leading the Business
Session 1 – Managing and understanding yourself
It’s vital to understand yourself. In particular, we need to understand what we’re good at and the skills we can bring to our organisation. Likewise, it’s important to know our behavioural preferences – i.e. which situations and people bring the best and worst out of us, and what we need to work on. The session includes:
• Self-assessment of skills to benchmark strengths in leadership and management and areas for development
• Administration of a Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) psychometric profiling tool to identify behavioural preferences (energy, process of information, decision-making and approach to deadlines) to help them understand themselves better, their contribution to the management team / organisation; seeing the world from others’ perspective; how to manage people of different behavior preferences; and how their behaviour may affect others
• Discussion of characteristics of a leader and how to ‘role model’ the right behaviours
• Identify preferred leadership style and when and how to adopt a range of leaderships styles (telling, selling, participating and delegating) to get the best out of people and leadership situations
• Managing people through periods of change (confusion, denial, anger, negotiating, depression, testing and acceptance) and how to implement change effectively
• Understand your stressors and techniques to improve resilience and deal with setbacks.
• Team building exercise to practice new leadership skills learned
Session 2 – Managing teams and developing effective relationships
People are the most important resource any organisation, as their performance underpins the success of your organisation. People like working for people they like and who are most like them. It’s crucial to develop people skills to manage people and develop successful working relationships. The session includes:
• An audit of your team to identify strengths and areas for development
• Development and presentation of team organogram to help discuss what is working well, challenges and how to encourage collaboration between departments
• Key skills practise to performance manage – having difficult conversations, ‘constructive honesty’ feedback, motivation, building rapport, objective setting, questioning and listening.
• How to use the GROW coaching model to maximise impact of personal development reviews, coaching sessions and ad hoc one-to-ones
• Monthly Reviews – what are the benefits; how to prepare and manage the meeting; how to motivate; discipline and grievance management; and how to set objectives and plan future development • Administration of 360º tool to gain feedback from colleagues on ‘open’, ‘hidden’ and ‘blind spots’
• Team building exercise to practice new team working and interpersonal skills learned
Session 3 – Managing key tasks and running the business
Most of us find that we never have enough time. Increasingly we are asked to do a lot more with the same or even fewer resources, so we need to find ways to work smarter and not harder to ensure our key tasks get done and get done well.
The session includes:
• “Departmental Planning” – How can we contribute the Domino Online Business Plan? where are we now? where do want to be? what do we need to do to get there?
• Setting SMART goals and actions for the Management and wider team
• Techniques for managing and controlling your workday (Time Thieves, Time Logs, Planning, Prioritising, Consolidating tasks, Multi-tasking and Procrastination)
• What is innovation, how to foster innovative thinking and how to have the confidence to present new ideas and ways of doing things better, faster and cheaper
• Benefits and how to delegate (who to, what, when and how)
• Identify a range of problem solving and decision-making techniques
• Team building exercise to practice new time management and evaluation skills learned Coaching Training 1 to 1 coaching sessions for each participant. We would use these sessions to discuss in more depth some of the content covered in the training looking at it specifically for them in their role; we can use it to discuss any issues / problems they are experiencing and what they can do overcome; and use it discuss opportunities on how they can accelerate their development and performance.
Price per Learner