How do I apply for Skills Bank?
If you know which training and Training Provider you want to use, you can apply online.
Give us a call or email
If you would like advice on the best course for you or aren’t sure whether Skills Bank is right for your business, you can speak to the Growth Hub Gateway who can offer you advice and support you with your application:
Call: 03330 00 00 39
What do I need to consider in my application?
Applications for Skills Bank need to demonstrate the following:
- The business has clear growth plans in the development of their workforce
- Immediate and/or emerging skills needs are clearly identified
- Training requirements do not (ordinarily) include ‘licence to practice’
- Training requirements do not displace existing skills provision which is available through other routes
- There must be an explicit link between growth and the training identified. Growth cannot be a ‘consequence’ of the training taking place.
- The application must indicate that training requirements have been identified as a result of ambition to grow and expand the business.
What happens once I have applied?
Once you have submitted your Skills Bank application, we will contact you if we require any further information.
Your application will initially be reviewed for suitability to Skills Bank. If approved, we will build your Skills Deal and submit to the Skills Bank Appraisal Panel.
Your application and Skills Deal will then be appraised by the Skills Bank Appraisal Panel who will assess your business case for growth and to what extent training will contribute to growth and impact your business.
If your application is successful, we will email the Skills Deal to you and the Training Provider within 5 working days.
Your Skills Deal will include;
- An outline of the training offered
- The name and contact details of the Training Provider
- Cost of the training
- The amount that you will have to pay
For further guidance on the application process, contact the Growth Hub Gateway on 03330 00 00 39 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can request a call back at a time convenient to you here.